Thursday, April 2, 2015

Catch Up


See I warned that I probably wouldn't be very good at keeping up with this blog. Or maybe because I said that I doomed myself...who knows. It has been a couple months, and a lot has happened. I feel that our lives are completely different since that last post. (I may be exaggerating a tad) Big changes happened, and we have certain members of our family who don't handle change very well.

If I recall correctly on one of my past posts, I mentioned that we were unsure about Carter's school situation, that things weren't going as well as we had hoped. Well, we decided after a really bad week, that the best place for Carter was at home. So we pulled him out of school and started him with on-line school. It was a heart-breaking, gut retching experience. I think I cried for a week straight. Carter, of course took it the hardest. It was the best thing for him. He is happier, filled with less anxiety, has had better social interactions. But doing school at home is a daily struggle, some days are better than others, but it is still hard. I have come to see how smart my boy is, and how I am not equipped to teach him. Through the grace of the Lord, Carter got into a Charter school that we feel really good about, that is pro-active about his needs, for First Grade. This was a HUGE weight off our shoulders. And Carter is excited to go. Another path that we are starting.

Then in February, the company my husband was working for went out of business. He lost his job. Now we have been here before. There is fear, anxiety, stress, anger all wrapped up into this experience. Phil actually handled it pretty well. Carter was a little sad, but also happy because daddy was home! Me, it depended on the day. We saw many miracles during this time. Not only did Phil and I grow Spiritually, but there were sweet tender moments that Carter experience. Our prayers were heard. We felt the prayers of others around us. Phil found a really good job a week and a half later. Like I said we saw miracles. Our family has been going through this transition stage. I am not sure if we have found our grounding yet. Changes are still happening in our lives. Not ground shaking, but still change is change: Landon turned one (ONE!!), Carter lost his first tooth, we have re-organized our place, Phil was released as the Young Men Stake Secretary and then called as the Second Consoler in the Young Men and assistance Scout Master. We have been actively been seeking to have structure in our lives, so that as a family and individually we can thrive.

 Life is a journey. Always changing, always learning. I have been learning a lot more about myself as I have grown, than I think I ever did as a kid/teenager/young adult. Every day may be a battle, but I have the greatest support system. I really do. And I think most of us, would agree. There are people who are always there, whenever we need them. For my people, I am grateful. I have no idea what the Lord has in store for me and my favorite people, but He has blessed me with the best people possible to help on my journey. So there it is folks, the happenings of our lives the past few months. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with this blog, it is therapeutic, and nice to have an outlet for the ramblings in my brain. So we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment