Monday, January 12, 2015

Life is a Journey.

Wow, it has been a month since my last post...I am slacking here. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season! December went by way too fast, and was way too stressful for me. Carter was struggling socially in school, he started medication, Phil and Landon both got sick. We had to take Landon to the Dr. office on Christmas Eve, and then to the ER early Christmas morning. Fun stuff I tell ya. ( Landon is doing much much better.) But this month is while still stressful, (my lack of working brain cells makes things worse) things are getting better. Carter is trying his second dosage of medication (it is a process, one that could be long and stressful), he has also been approved for a social worker to work with him at school for his social skills, (a MAJOR yay!!). This year our goal is to get organized. To organize our time, organize our thoughts, organize our house. Simplify is going to be our motto.

I realized today, as we were traveling home from a therapy appointment, that stress will always be apart of my life. Life will never be easy. I need to get use to a lot of stress in my life, because let's be honest I will probably always have a high level of stress in my life. It is the life I have blessed with, and I honestly wouldn't change it. But I do need to handle my stress better. I have learned that I stress eat...yay! I rely on the Lord, every second, to help me through the day. To get us to bed time. But I am learning that I need to rely on Him, for answers, for solutions, for hope and to help me find happiness. Happiness/joy combats the effect of stress. I need to get back into my hobbies, doing things that I enjoy to do. My wonderful husband and parents bought me a Cricut Explore for Christmas. It is pretty amazing. It is one piece of equipment that will help me with craft hobby. I need to start getting back into cooking and baking...trying new things, planning out meals, having fun with it. I need to get back into sewing. I don't want to sound like I need to be constantly busy and always engaged in something. But I need to turn to these things more, as an outlet. And reading. I am behind on my reading.

I love my family. I love the life that I have been blessed with. There are many great, and wonderful things that I get to enjoy. I am sorry if this post has been whiny. Venting is always a good thing, in my opinion. Life is a journey. And I hope to be able to start sharing the fun and less stressful side of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment