Wednesday, November 19, 2014

We are who we are.

Ok, so I have been thinking about blogging for a while. I have needed a place where I can write the random thoughts that enter my mind, the stresses of our life, the trials we face. So here I am. My husband and I have been married for almost 8 years, we have been together for almost 9 years. We have a animated, joyful, smart and silly 5 year old boy. We just had a joyful baby boy 7 months ago. We love being together! We love spending time as a family. We play, we have our family shows, we play games, we laugh, we tell jokes and stories. We try to live our lives to the fullness. But in our home, we are faced each hour of every day with mental illness. (I really hate that word but I guess that is the correct term) My husband has ADHD, my son is being diagnosed with ADHD, and me, well I have issues myself. (anxiety, depression, pain, fatigue) So our life is pretty hectic. Calm, peaceful and organized are not words that is really used to describe our family life. We are loud, all over the place at times, high energy, some times difficult, fun, loving, and silly, very very silly. We are struggling I feel everyday. When one problem is solved, one or two spring up and surprise us. A good analogy is in the Disney movie Hercules, when Hercules is fighting that weird purple monster, where he cuts off one head and more grow in its place...yeah that describes our life. { Now, before I go on, I HAVE to say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family. Each member. Just the way they are!}  I want to write this blog to get our story out there. So people can understand what we are going through, why we are doing what we are doing, and to gain a little insight into our lives. My life is not a perfect life. But my life is perfect for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment